
...that I would have to get a sewing machine and it be the 'project runway: limited edition' one?
Adam and I went to wal-mart for recycle bins and we came home with this little beauty =o) I am soooo stoked. I have already made a shoe bag for my work heels.
It feels like this whole new world has been opened up to me. I haven't even touched a sewing machine since I was in home economics in 7th grade and that was only to make a pillow! Needless to say, it took me around an hour just to thread the machine. I'm really excited to start on some cool crafty projects!
7 comments:
kristen!!!! i am so so excited for you!! and i know what you mean about the whole new world opening thing- because honestly - i started sewing like around the new year and i felt like i was a new person and now i am OBSESSED! i buy sewing books, browse tutorial/project blogs, buy yards of fabric like they're going out of stock, and steal in what ever chances i get to sew! i am happy that you are joining the crazy sewing club. it's fun! wanna bring your machine over sometime? do i sound all psycho going off like this? i feel psycho.
but really- come over! i was planning on having a craft nite soon.
oh- and i saw those project runway limited edition machines in the bathroom at bernina... b/c apparently that's the logical place to store them (??) and i was like- HEY! i didnt know they made those! how cool is that. i wanna see your machine.
psycho.
im stopping now.
aaah!!! we should get together and sew! i've been enjoying sewing recently, too... although the one I use isn't a project runway one. haha! what else are you wanting to make?? i'm going to attempt to actually make clothes for Grace. =)
haha - uh oh, got bit by the bug, too, have you?? get ready to splurge on all the knick-knacks and then becoming obsessed with fabric and books and all that jazz. but it is such a fun and rewarding hobby. so awesome that you already sewed yourself something!! go kristen!! and we are getting old - turning into our moms, enjoying sewing. such dorks. and at least you took home ec - i chose to take physics instead of ag and home ec. i regretted not learning all the fun things my friends did in those classes, though. :-)
happy sewimg, my friend.
hooray!! so happy for you! there is nothing like a yard or 2 of beautiful fabric that tranforms under your fingers into something new and wonderful.
happy sewing!!
Hi Kristen, it's mom. I check your blog every once in a while, just to see what you 'people under the stairs' are up to. =D
Sorry, this old lady has something to say re: Liko's comment that "you guys are getting old and turning into your moms, enjoying sewing"....You and your friends will never be old (to me anyway) AND you're better than your mom! All I can sew is my finger ! LOL- remind me to tell you the story. Have fun !
love you lots
Thanks you guys!! I love all of you so much =o) We really need to get together one day and work on our projects together. I got two patterns from Fabric Mart today...I think that was a bit ambitious.
Post a Comment