October 17, 2010

An Update


We have been doing some pretty fun stuff as a family and been pretty busy lately...here are some things that we have been up to--


When you have Kaiser coverage, you switch off visits with your OBGYN and your nurse practitioner. I love both of them sooo much. I think they are both fab. At my 28 week check up, things seemed to go really well. I was checking out and measuring just fine, until I asked my OB about my weight. I was a little concerned because my weight had been jumping. He asked me what my weight gain was and i told him 22lbs. He smiled and said, 'that's enough.' I took that as, 'wow, thats great that you could gain that much, keep it up!', but really he meant, 'please stop gaining weight...'. He also told me that I should start exercising 4 times per week for 45mins each-- a little bit dramatic don't you think? So, I started exercising and working out and it's been really nice. I've been feeling a little more energized and better about myself. I've been eating pretty healthy lately so all I really needed to work on was my exercise. The good news is, I went to my 31 week check up on Thursday and I was able to maintain my weight =) The nurse practitioner was very happy and said Im doing great.


Ava is fully potty trained now. It's really nice to know that we will only be buying pull-ups and diapers for one child. Finances have been a little crazy lately, so every little bit helps.

Adam and I have been super anti-social lately. Our schedules are super crazy and any little bit of family time we can get, we take full advantage of it. Adam's been doing really well with school-- mostly getting A's on his tests and labs. He also has a really crazy schedule and I am so thankful for his strong desire to provide for us. Monday-Sunday, he is either working, going to school or both-- he never gets a day off. Im working full time too still with Kaiser. The department that I work with now is super awesome. They give me the option to take time off and make it up during the work week between the hours of 6am-7pm which has been a HUGE blessing since it allows me to save up all the vacation I can for my maternity leave.

I also got offered a promotion to patient accounting representative! Right now Im just the office assistant and the pay is pretty lame. When I was working at the hospital, I was getting paid a dollar an hour more, but I felt like there was no possibility for growth. I had been there for almost 4 years, applied for higher positions twice and only was able to get the title of trainer for a little while. Plus, the new boss there was a boob. I took the chance and got a position in the accounting department of kaiser and 3-1/2 months later, Im being offered a promotion that will be about a $4/hour pay increase =) This is a very good thing since Adam is trying to finish school and his hours were cut to accomadate that.


I wanna make my own baby sling and another nursing cover. I looked up some tutorials online and I was shocked to find out how easy they are to make! Maybe we can have this as our next sewing society project?

A drunk guy ran out of gas in front of our house last night around 7pm. My mother in law had come to steal Ava for the night and Adam was helping to put her carseat in her car when this drunk guy drove past Adam up the hill by our house and stalled right in front of Adam. He then proceeded to roll back down the hill, almost banging both our CR-V and our Scion in the process. All Adam could do was stare in shock. We never have people like this in our neighborhood-- it's a pretty affluent neighborhood (we are one of only a few middle class families that live on the street) and the neighborhood watch usually scares off people like that. Anyway, the guy ended up sideways in the middle of the road, in an attempt to turn around, with his lights off. It was pretty dangerous, so Adam went over to him and the guy told him he had run out of gas. His girlfriend (who was also wasted) told Adam that she told him to not drive on empty (like driving drunk isnt bad enough). Adam was able to get the guy's car out of the street, facing out of our driveway. This is when it got even more weird. They guy wouldnt leave and started asking Adam for money for gas and started asking really weird questions like, where was my mother in law going with Ava, why do we have so many SUV's, do you have gas, can you give me a ride to the gas station, thanks for the ride, and weren't you the guy that gave the last call? Adam didnt know what to do with the guy, so I went upstairs and asked my dad for advice. He came down and told the guy that he needed to get out of our driveway and park his car somewhere else and walk to the gas station (which is less than a mile away). The guy was pretty upset and tried to get out of his car a couple times, but my dad kept him contained and with the help of Adam and my mom, was able to push him back onto the road. The guy coasted it down the hill and we haven't seen him or his car since. It was really weird.

About 2-1/2 months ago, I went to trina's and on a whim, bought some wax. Ive been waxing my legs and underarms and I am HOOKED. The hair hardly grows back now and when it does its so soft and silky. The skin also seems to look healthier. You should try it! I really like the Clean 'n Easy brand for sensitive skin.
I stole this from your page Steph - Remember this?


I wanna go for a pedicure! Can we set up a Pedicure day sometime in the 9weeks before I give birth? I miss all my chica's and really wanna do this before Noah comes. You could invite anyone and we'll make a party of it. Sound good?

Okay, thats enough for one post =)

2 comments:

echo said...

what a crazy drunk guy story!
and i totally want to be there for a day of pampering. just tell me where and when.

Stephanie said...

this was a very great and interesting update! i'm such a cheapskate lately but screw it! let's get our toes done! just tell me when and i'll be at trina beauty in record time!