
I wish I looked that good right now. Instead, I'm sitting if front of my computer lazily surfing the internet in my underwear (too much information?) with the T.V. on in the background (why? b/c I don't like the quiet). My two loves have just left for work and grandma's house and stuck at home sick....again?!
This is officially the second time I've gotten sick a two weeks (is this really possible?), the second time Ava's gotten me sick in two weeks, and the bazillionth time I've called in sick to work. I feel like such a slacker. I like staying home, but if I don't have a purpose or something to do, it's boring and slightly depressing.
Watch out, this post is coming out to be a really depressing one. boo hooo! What a little cry baby ....suck it up sister!
Being a working mother is tough! I've gotten more sick this year than I think my entire life. I'm always worrying about stupid things now. Like not having enough milk for Ava, why doesn't she have any molars yet?!, when are we going to start feeding her real food?, why is she still waking us up constantly in the middle of the night (am I the only one on this one?), why is my house such a mess, etc, etc.... See, I told you this was going a be a sob-fest!
I do it to myself though. I don't eat as much and as well as I should. I hate drinking water. I don't feel like I have time to exercise. I forget to take my vitamins. I'm a nervous child (this is a big one and makes me constantly prone to stressing out easily-- see previous paragraph). I have A LOT to be thankful for though...
When I get into these funks, I have to remember what I am thankful for:
1) AWESOME hubby
2) loving daughter
3) wonderfully big and supportive family that all live within a 1hr drive.
4) the coolest friends EVER!!!
5) I got a great job (with the BEST co-workers and boss)
There are so many things I am thankful for and I constantly thank Heavenly father for this. I am truly blessed....even when I am lying flat on my back with a leaky nose, achy bones, and the feeling like someone poured acid in my sinuses. I love all of you and I am thankful for you!!
5 comments:
I agree. When we're feeling down the best remedy is to think about what we're thankful for, to pick us right back up. I hope you feel better soon Kristen! Take care and keep smiling!
I seriously HATE being sick! i mean, who likes it- but seriously! i always feel like i might just die- even if it is just a cold and dont worry about complaining - i do it all the time and frankly, when you're sick, the world just looks bleak.
i cant wait until you are better! you will be a new woman! make sure you get better by tuesday so you can feel up to the get-together. it's been too long since i've seen you last!
i was gonna ask if you guys want to go to the temple tomorrow, but it sounds like you've got bigger fish to fry! next time! we gotta get in there a bunch before it closes for 18months!!
love you- take care of yourself dear pal. <3
i hope you get better soon!!!
I hate getting sick too! Lame lame lame. It's so funny though cause when you guys get sick we are bound to catch it too :-)
We love the little "turto" too much to not get close to her when she's here.
And yes... it's funny how this time of year helps us to be more thankful than normal huh?
aaw kristen!! i'm praying for you and praying that you recover quickly. i know what you're going through as far as worrying about too much - i had that a few nights ago actually. our fridge was like empty, and we made the saddest fried rice you've ever seen. haha! but God reminded me of all the ways He's blessed me, and He has blessed you muches too! Love you sister... feel better!
Post a Comment