May 24, 2009

Girlie day



I must say, I am feeling so much better! Yay! Thanks for all of the well wishes =o)


The little monkey and I had a pretty girlie day. She decided that she would like to coat her baby's butt, the T.V., DVDs, Daddy's Playstation and anything within reach with a thick layer of baby lotion and baby powder. It was cute the first couple times and I have to admit I even chuckled a bit. After the fifth time (no joke!), I was pretty much at my wits end. I called my mom and thank goodness I did because she and I got to laughing about the whole thing. She said it was 'payback'. When I was a little girl of seven, I coated my WHOLE room with an entire container of baby powder. I thought it was funny at first. My mom had out the camera and was filming the aftermath, laughing as she described the carnage to the viewer (my dad), when she turned the camera on me and asked me that burning question, 'What is Dad gonna think when he gets home?' Laugher turned to nervous giggles, which turned into uncontrollable sobbing. My dad never did anything, but everytime we talk about baby powder, the discussion leads to that moment in time.

Being a mom is definately hard; especially when you are sick and not completely yourself. I thought to myself, 'what did I get myself into? Im too young to be a mother!' That thought went through my head about a thousand times today. But, what would motherhood be like without the hard times? Hard to appreciate the good if you dont know the bad, right?

No comments: