(Ava's eyes aren't this bad, but you can get the idea.)
When we got to the doctor's office, she did a whole bunch of tests on each individual eye while covering the other. Then Ava had to dilate her eyes and she was so upset-- they had to put three different types of drops in her eyes in two sets. She was having a fit. After waiting for the drops to set in, the doctor checked the insides of her eyes and discovered that the muscles were normal and working fine-- which meant that her cross-eye was not a result of a muscle that was stronger than the other. The reason for her eye going cross, according to the doctor, was the fact that Ava was far-sided (she can't see things up-close very well), so when she tries to focus, her right eye turns cross. I was so happy and relieved, but this means that Ava will have to wear glasses 24hrs a day for a looong time.
I didn't want to get her anything that would make people look at her and feel pity--- you know, when you look at a kid that wears those glasses that make them look like Harry Potter or a woman from the 80's?
(Harry Potter)
(Lady from the 80's)
So, after a lengthy search with the optician for the perfect glasses we found these---

Ava calls them her 'princess glasses'. They look so perfect on her. We'll pick them up tomorrow, so we'll see how this goes. I'm hoping she wont break these, cause they were very expensive...hahaha! The plastic frames seemed a little more durable than the medal kind. They also make all kids frames with spring loaded hinges. Wish us luck as we begin our new adventure!

4 comments:
wow thats crazy! i wonder if she will look even older with glasses. but i'm very happy that you are a fashion conscious mom, because the glasses you picked out are cute! i can't wait to see a pic of ava w/her new look!
hahahaaha- im totally cracking up about the harry potter and lady for the 80s examples!!! so so true.
YOU FOUND THE PERFECT CUTE GLASSES FOR HER THOUGH! (of course we think so... i mean just look at us) But seriously so cute. PLEASE post a picture of her in her glasses when she gets them!
i think that little girls with glasses are cute!!
and it's so awesome she didn't need surgery!!
and i wanna see a pic of her with her glasses on!
my love! YOU and my sister and like one other close friend were at the top of my OH MY GOSH I HOPE I DIDNT OFFEND THEM list! I almost want to cry I am so relieved that you wrote that comment- haha!
And no worries, when you said you were tired- I could also see it in your eyes and hear it in your voice and I remember the feeling well so I understood and thought you still held up remarkably well! LOVE YOU!!!!!
Post a Comment